What is a Life Coach?
A life coach is a wellness professional whose purpose is to assist their clients in gaining structure, creating achievable goals, bringing clarity to any obstacles in the way, and build momentum in many aspects of their lives by asking meaningful questions for the clients, which creates greater self-awareness.
These aspects can be in their career, relationships, health, spirituality and so much more. Through the work with a life coach an individual will see incredible improvements in their day to day lives by providing and/or helping to create strategies catered to a client’s unique skills. The support a client is given by their life coach is always geared toward creating long-lasting sustainable change.
Who needs a Life Coach?
Being a life coach myself and being coached many times, my first response would be that everyone needs a life coach in their lives. No matter where you are in your life, what a life coach brings to the session should always be empowerment. This then creates investment and accountability toward achieving their desired outcomes. Who doesn’t want that?!
At the end of the day though, this is what the average person feels like when a life coach isn’t available to help:
- High level of stress/anxiety
- Lack of fulfillment in your social life
- Inability to break habits
- Sense of creativity blocks
- Persistent feeling of dissatisfaction at home or work
Does this sound familiar to you?
Expectations vs. Reality
We all have expectations when it comes to most things in our life. While some expectations are ok to have, here’s a little of what you need to know about life coaching:
- A Life Coach does not replace a Therapist (It is recommended to acquire a Therapist for any mental health issues you think you may have.)
- A Life Coach is not a Mentor to give you advice.
- A Life Coach is not a Consultant who tells you what to do and how to do it.
- Life coaching is not about telling you what you need to do.
- Progress toward your goals does not come overnight or after one or two session. Long-lasting change requires commitment to your journey.
- Reflection is important on client’s part bring forth greater self-awareness on the obstacles in the way of their goals.
- Beautiful insights are received to help clients see themselves in a new and empowering way!
- A Life Coach is there to guide you through the ebb and flow of your growth to make sure you’re on track with what you want to achieve.
Now that you’ve been informed of what a Life Coach is, I’d like to ask you a questions: do you feel like a Life Coach will benefit you in creating a positive change in your life right now? If so, make sure to click below to connect with me for a Rediscovery call!